Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2013 11:29:04 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wandboard support

On Oct 31, 2013, at 10:58 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hi!
>=20
> On 31 October 2013 19:17, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> As of r257489 we now have some support for i.MX6 in general and
>> Wandboard specifically.  There is much work to do, especially in the
>> area of clock and power management and pinmux control, and someone =
other
>> than me will have to look towards graphics and sound support (I have =
no
>> skills in those areas).
>>=20
>=20
> Cool!
>=20
> Can you describe what you need in the clock / power management areas?

We don't have an infrastructure to do this right now.

Some ports do this on an ad-hoc basis.

The usual needs are to have a DAG relationship between different parts =
of the system so you can turn on and tune clocks, as well as power =
blocks which may be necessary to power the clock and/or basic-blocks in =
the SoC. The latest chips have grown quite complex.

Warner