Date:      Mon, 01 May 2000 16:54:43 -0400
From:      Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
To:        gunnut@2ainfo.it, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem with WP8

gunnut@2ainfo.it wrote:

> I run 4.0-STABLE on PentiumII 266 128MB Xfree86-4 with Linux emulation
> enabled.
> I have built all the software from ports exept the linux_base
> installed
> with the system.
> I tried to install from ports wordperfect and everything went well.
> When I launch xwp I get the following error:
> The following path/filenames do not exist
> Styles
>      .wprc/
> as well as
> file not found .wprc/wp8x.set
> the directory .wprc is created in my home directory but it is empty
> (I tried to copy this directory from my Linux partition but the error
> persists).I do have POSIX compliance enabled in my kernel and in fact
> I can run Acrobat and Staroffice.
> I did edit /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf and then ran
> /compat/linux/sbin
> /ldconfig.
> Any help really appreciated
> Filippo

Did you run make install-user? after make install? You also need a ln -s
Office51 to /usr/local At least I had to.. to run make install-user.

I also edited xwp like so and put it in a directory in my path.

#!/bin/sh
set -a
PATH=/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/wp8/wpbin:/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/wp8/shbin10:/usr/compat/linux/bin:/usr/compat/linux/usr/bin:/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/bin
set +a
exec xwp "$@"

--
Ted Sikora