Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:56:55 +0100
From:      Thomas Backman <serenity@exscape.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Non-responsive 8.0-RC1

On Nov 28, 2009, at 10:22 PM, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> My main server is running 8.0/amd64 from between RC1 and RC2 and I've
> recently had a couple of long-duration hangs on it during which time
> processes doing I/O will stop responding.
>=20
> The system is a dual-core Athlon with the base OS (root/usr/var) on
> UFS and the remainder of the filesystem ZFS.  It's running SCHEDULE.
> It runs a pair of BOINC processes in the background.  The first time,
Hmm, I know there was some fix to the scheduler re: thread priority, and =
it wouldn't surprise me if it was after your revision.
My advice would be to upgrade to -RELEASE if possible. If not, at least =
check whether your build should be affected.
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D198246

Regards,
Thomas=