Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:00:11 -0800
From:      "Craig Critchley" <craigc@fuzzer.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   TeX port MD5 signatures don't match

I am trying to install the TeX port in ports/print/tex on a 3.2-RELEASE
machine.  I installed the ports directory tree when I installed the machine,
however, after make downloads the .tar.gz files, it apparently compares a
signature of the file to an MD5 file in the port directory, which in this
case doesn't match.

I tried a cvs update in the tex port directory using the anonymous cvs
instructions on the freebsd.org web page; cvs said it was "ignoring CVS/Root
because it specifies a non-existent repository /home/ncvs" and didn't appear
to update anything.  In any case, the signatures still don't match.

What am I doing wrong?  I'm not a cvs or ports expert...

The makefile suggests using a switch to turn off the signature checking.
Paranoid sort that I am, I hesitate to do that before I figure out what I
did wrong...

                    ...Craig