Date:      Wed, 28 May 2008 01:00:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sched_ule performance on single CPU

--- Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote:

> On May 27, 2008, at 7:51 PM, Unga wrote:
> > Appreciate if Chuck Swiger could enlighten us
> again on
> > what priority X run on Mac OSX? realtime or
> normal?
>
> The X11 server seems to run with mildly elevated
> priority (46, where
> realtime is > 60 or so); something like an xterm
> runs with normal/
> default priority of 31:
>
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM      VSZ    RSS   TT  STAT
> STARTED      TIME
> PRI COMMAND
> root        69   0.0  0.2    79700   3904  ??  Ss
> 16May08   0:02.74
> 63 /usr/sbin/coreaudiod

Chuck, thank you very much for the info.

Can I trouble you a little bit? Is there something
equivalent to rtprio(1) (/usr/sbin/rtprio) in Mac OSX?
If there is, could you also send following:

1. rtprio <PID of /usr/sbin/coreaudiod>

2. rtprio <PID of windowserver>

3. rtprio <PID of iTunes>

4. rtprio <PID of xterm>