Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:58:51 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Project Launches Improved Website

On 2005-10-05, Murray Stokely wrote:

> The FreeBSD Project is pleased to announce the launch of a new website
> today.  Please visit http://www.FreeBSD.org and let us know what you
> think.  The new design was created by Emily Boyd, a student at Smith
> College that we had the pleasure of working with through Google's
> Summer of Code program.
>
> We hope you find the new website both easier to navigate

It's a disaster for navigation.  Please keep the old site
running until you get the new one sorted out.

On the old design, I could go in one step to things like release
announcements, security advisories, the Handbook and FAQ, and
the Ports Collection.  The new design provides links to some of
the above (but badly organised), but not to other essential
items.

It's a real shame to see a really good, clear and clean design
go out the window in favour of some aesthetics (which are of
doubtful merit anyway).

Greg