Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      heart of magnesium <rone@ennui.org>
To:        blk@skynet.be (Brad Knowles)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing packaging to add a couple of CDs

Brad Knowles writes:
  	I may be wrong, but I'd be willing to venture a guess that
  switching from four to five CDs in the set is a much bigger change
  than you may think -- now you've got to come up with a packaging
  mechanism that can handle one or two more CDs than before, this may
  cost more money to ship, you might have to completely change from
  using plastic double jewel cases to thick paper multi-fold carriers,
  you've got increased mastering costs and time, and I'm sure there are
  a whole bunch of factors I have not yet considered.

You can change to the swiveling (or hinged) double-CD trays instead of
the regular single-CD trays.  That would allow up to 6 CDs in the
current packaging.

This should probably go to freebsd-chat.

rone
--
    "Boss, was he singing what I thought he was singing?"
"A young man tells his beloved of his love for her."