Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:37:47 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <net@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple routing tables

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 10:22, Ragnar Lonn wrote:
> Julian Elischer wrote:
> > I'm looking at a problem where I want onemachine to really look like 2.
> > this means I want to have 2 separate routing tables if possible.
> >
> > I know I could do it with eas if I could user Marco Zec's vimage patches
> > but I need to have a path forward to 6.x and beyond
> >
> > An answer would be to re-implement vimage for newer versions of
> > FreeBSD but
> > it's a bit of overkill and I was wondering if anyone had done anything
> > in this direction?
>
> Implementing vimage (or similar) support in 6.x is something we are very
> interested in and it might be possible for us to help out with such an
> undertaking, if people thought it worthwhile.
>
> Regards,

I can only second on this. I found vimage really usefull for various tasks and
just now I am building new server on 4.11-RELEASE with vimage patch because
there is no other possibility for me to do what I need in an easy and elegant
way. While Marco's patch goes way beyond multiple route tables support, it
does everything really easy for me. Unfortunatelly, patch is too bulky for me
to understand it - if anybody had something based on 6.0 or -current, I will
test it, but nothing more.
Regards,
Milan