Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:25:32 -0700
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to buy PCI to PCMCIA/CardBus adpaters

At 04:36 AM 9/14/00, Roger Hardiman wrote:
>I'm after a PCI to PCMCIA/CardBus adapters to fit
>in my desktop machine.
>
>Any ideas on who makes them and where I can buy
>them (ideally in the UK)

Lucent makes/sells a PCI->PCMCIA adaptor for their Orinoco (aka. WaveLAN)
wireless LAN cards:
<http://www.wavelan.com/products/productdetail.html?id=27>.  You can order
these at most places that sell Orinoco/WaveLAN cards.  I presume that this
would work for any PCMCIA card...

HOWEVER, the PCI cardbus driver is currently broken in 4.1-STABLE - it
completely hangs the kernel.  Warner Losh is on top of this problem, but
(as far as I know) hasn't had the time to fix it yet.

         Ross.