Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:54:46 +0900
From:      Keiichi SHIMA <keiichi@iij.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: prefixes from the rr_prefix structure.

Hi,

raviprasad20@netscape.net wrote:

> I gave a prefix . The prefix was
>  fec0:1111:2222::.
> Then i tried to print the prefix from the ifprefix
> structure in the rr_prefix structure. It was some thing like this
>
> 00:00:00:00:00:00:fe:c0:11:11:22:22:00:00:00:00.
>
> Kindly mail me why zeros are stored at the start?
>
> Are there any other better way of accessing the prefixes than from
> the ifprefix structure.

struct rr_prefix is an old style of prefix management structure. I
think this struct will disappear in the near future (probably at next
KAME merge).

You had better to use sysctl(3) to get the prefix lists. The souce
code of ndp(8) will help you. At least, ndp(8) of freebsd4-stable uses
sysctl(3) to get prefix information.

Best regards,

---
Keiichi SHIMA <keiichi@iij.ad.jp>