Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:06:54 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Andrew Thompson <andy@fud.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 150 VLANS??

Go the vlan route for sure.  Dont be afraid of 150 interfaces as the
lookups are hashed.  You can simulate and test it fairly easily to make
sure it matches your expectations.

Also, Ciscos are of course nice, but if cost is an issue, check out some =
of
the non cisco 802.1q switches on ebay.  There are Nortel Centillions with
100 port densitys going for under $1,000.  Just make sure you get =
software
with it.

	---Mike

Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)=09