Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:14:28 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.4 .iso images produce "invalid partition table"

On an old Pent 120 and now on a new P2-350, we cannot complete a fresh
install of 3.4-Rel from the "bare-bones" .iso images.  All apparently goes
well, no errors, we get to the final "remove diskettes" msg (we assume this
means the install procedure sees nothing else to do), and it cold boots.

"invalid partition table"  (we had chosen "normal" boot option)

Both of these machines have been running 3.1R and 3.2R for months without
incident. Todays partitioning was simply inherited from the previous
install, relabeling the slices as before and opting for Y to newfs on each.

So now we have two machines down and we are hurting. Would appreciate any
quick suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Len