Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:55:35 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, Neurosys <neurosys@bellsouth.net>
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

This is a very good idea and one I hadn't thought of yet.

If I am contacted by an advertiser who would be interested in
providing some banner ads on Daemon News, who should
I direct them to?

The number of positive/interested responses I have received
thus far, outweigh the negative ones and even if we don't succeed
at getting a BSD magazine published, we will still have succeeded at
getting the word out about the BSDs and the BSD community.  The
more people who are made aware of the BSDs, the more chance
and likelihood there will be for the appearance of a BSD magazine
on the news stands in the future.

Joe

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Chris Coleman|
|        |          <chrisc@vmuni|
|        |          x.com>       |
|        |                       |
|        |          10/04/00     |
|        |          11:46 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Neurosys <neurosys@bellsouth.net>         |
  |       cc:     Michael Lucas                             |
  |       <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>,                   |
  |       freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG,                      |
  |       freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, (bcc: Joe           |
  |       Warner/SMS)                                       |
  |       Subject:     Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser         |

Well, if we can get these advertisers to start advertising on Daemon News,
that would help us raise the capital to start a magazine.

If advertisers see that putting banner ads on Daemon News helps sell their
products, the will be more likely to advertise in a print magazine.

Chris Coleman
Daemon News
http://www.daemonnews.org
Bringing BSD together