Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:51:41 +0200
From:      Frank Staals <f.staals@zonnet.nl>
To:        Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org

Vizion wrote:

>Hi
>Two suggestions
>I am wondering if there is any mileage in modifying the ports collection to
>include a
>/ports/java/eclipseplugins/
>hierarchy
>and giving commit priviledges to members of this list who are willing to test
>eclipse plugins and add them to the ports.
>
>Personally I would be in favor of also creating a freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
>mailing list but I am not certain how much interest there might be. If there
>is enough support I would be willing to help set it up.
>
>david

Hey,

As I replied before here on freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org on such thread, I
don't see why we should create a seperate 'category' with
eclipse-plugins since the 'find updates' function in Eclipse 3.1 does
everything for you. Eclipse 3.1 can currently be found in the ports tree
as eclipse-devel ( it has to be patched from 3.1M7 --> 3.1 if it hasn't
changed ). Therefor I don't see the need of seperate eclipse-plugins in
the portstree. What would be nice was a complete list of plugins
available for eclipse, but that is more for the Eclipse.org site to be
added, not FreeBSD specific.

About the mailinglist. I'm currently following the java lists for about
half a year now and I can't realy say my mailbox is flooding with
e-mails from it. So I think it would'nt benefit anyone creating a
seperate mailinglist for eclipse.

-Frank Staals