Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 20:41:14 -0500
From:      David Booth <wbooth@austin.rr.com>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: winbook & FreeBSD

I have 3.2 stable running on an older winbook (an XP5).  No problems with video or
network.  I have not been interested in modem or sound so have not tried anything
with them.  The AmbiCom 10baseT card works fine although you can purchase a little
cheaper than winbook sells them for.  Shop around on the net.  I think that I paid
about $40 from J&R computers.

One caution about winbook is that they sometimes do not deliver what you order and
it a hassle sending it back to get it right (more than once.)  I have heard this
from others and my experience has been consistent with this.  They do seem to be a
good value though.