Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 1995 08:29:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jehamby@lightside.com, hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Atapi.flp broken!

> > I downloaded atapi.flp from the latest snapshot and it doesn't even
> > boot!  It gets to "uncompressing kernel...done" and then spontaneously
> > reboots (or hangs the system, depending on which computer I use).  Is
> > anyone else having this problem?  Perhaps your kernel was too big to fit
> > on the floppy and got truncated?

I booted atapi.flp yesterday (the newer version of Oct 6th)
and had no problems booting it. I don't have an IDE/ATAPI drive though
in that system. Just used atapi.flp since it starts with letter 'a' and thus
arrived earlier than boot.flp :-) (daytime ftp rates ti the US are horrible
here in Germany at the moment)