Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:46:10 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "P.U.Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How does GNOME 2.12 treats to you so far?

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:55:19 -0500, P.U.Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> Please fill out your complaint, feedback, report bug or whatever for us
>> can write in known issues, faqs and fix stuff if need.
> 1) Generally: Fantastic work so far, thanks!!! Didn't run into
>     any errors with yesterday's portupgrade.

Great!

> 2) Some messy details:
>     a) Menu entries seem to change randomly with every update.
>        Smeg works fine, but I would like some safe place to store my
>        entries.

How do you mean by random? Maybe it needs to be clean up? Try to use
gnome-menu-editor to see if it will making anything difference.

>     b) Is there some way to safely edit the "Open with ..."
>        dialogs and set a favourite application (also I might like
>        to add comments or change the name of the entry into
>        something convenient).

Yeah, you can click right on any file in nautilus. Like if you want *.png
to be open by gview or gthumb, then right click on one of .png file and
click on properties, then you will see 'Open With' tab in there.

>     c) Mozilla family of browsers can't open .pdf files, I always
>        get "running helper application..." and nothing happens.

PDF plugins? or just to get browser to download and run PDF viewer by
automatic (not open inside browser)? If you are using Firefox, Mozilla or
different browsers other than Epiphany, then you will have to teach them
on your own in the mimetype option. As for Epiphany, it will download PDF
file and run Evince by automatic to open PDF file by default.

>     d) Last time I tried CD/DVD Creator didn't work correctly, but
>        I have to check this again.

nautilus-cd-burner, right? I will have to check and I haven't touch
nautilus-cd-burner for pretty very long time.

> Again thanks for all your work!

NP and thanks for summary up your report!

Cheers,
Mezz