Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:50:07 -0800
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        Steve Hocking <shocking@hstn.tensor.pgs.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NVidia & VA closed source OpenGL

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 10:19:51AM -0600, Steve Hocking wrote:
> Has anyone else ported the Voodoo 3 DRI stuff over to FreeBSD yet? Or
> failing that, I guess I could buy myself a G400.

FYI, it is possible to get direct rendering using the Matrox G[24]00
with the Utah-GLX code under XF86 3.3.[56]. (Note: This is seperate from
Precision Insight's DRI for XF86 4.0, though the performance benefits
should be similar.) It does work with Linux binaries such as Quake 3,
though requires a little bit of hacking on the Linux libs.

If anyone's interested, email me for instructions.