Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 20:54:28 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't open /dev/rfd0: Device not configured

Kent Stewart writes:

> David Kelly wrote:
> >
> > Upgraded from 3.1-stable to 3.2-stable this weekend using "make world".
> > Then needed to write a DOS floppy and found mtools failed:
>
> I just went through this a week or so ago. There are massive changes
> to many things in /etc. There are new /dev device names. I didn't
> really have 3.2-stable until I really ran mergemaster and rebooted.

Thanks to all who replied. Just now did the mergemaster thing. Had
already done /dev/MAKEDEV* and recreated the devices.

Out of desperation, booted NT4SP3. NT couldn't see the floppy anymore
either. Its time for surgery and possibly a trip to the store for a new
floppy drive. At least I hope its the drive and not the MB. Mabye a
cable fell off as the drive doesn't seek at boot, and that's selected in
the BIOS.