Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:16:03 +0700
From:      Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD9 - I can't get my mouse to work

Hi,

On 07 June 2012 12:51:05 Jerry wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 18:33:43 +0200
> Bernt Hansson articulated:

> >> Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried setting it to "Off", but there
> >> is no apparent difference; only a new set of messages in Xorg.0.log:

I might was not clear in my former message. I use the parameters given for playing until I have a combination which works. The settings there are my current working settings.

Sometime I will have to change parameters after updating X, sometimes they continue to work. It all seems more or less random to me. The settings also differ for the same version of X on different hardware.

> >Have you tried without a xorg.conf file I do not have one.

Not having this file does not work for me either. It actually never worked for me.

> when the keyboard is not even recognized. For the record, my Microsoft
> friends are really impressed with this. They have started a pool to see
> how many attempts it takes before it starts correctly.

Hey, your friends have a good sense of humour.  They should join here.

Erich