Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:47:45 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Replacing vlc with vlc-qt4 broke pkg upgrade

Few days ago vlc was replaced with vlc->qt4. I rebuilt all packages from
my ports tree with poudriere, tried to 'pkg upgrade', and pkg fails to
handle this:

     All repositories are up-to-date.
     Checking for upgrades (28 candidates): 100%
     Processing candidates (28 candidates): 100%
     Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
     pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver:
     conflict rule: The following packages conflict with each other:
vlc-2.2.0_3,4(r), vlc-qt4-2.2.0_3,4(r)
     dependency rule: package vlc(r) depends on: vlc(l)phonon-vlc(l)
     conflict rule: The following packages conflict with each other:
vlc-2.2.0_3,4(r), vlc-2.2.0_3,4(r)
     upgrade rule: upgrade local vlc-2.2.0_2,4 to remote vlc-2.2.0_3,4
     cannot install package vlc, remove it from request? [Y/n]:

vlc is installed as automatic. Shouldn't pkg uderstand that vlc and
vlc-qt are counterparts and should be substituted?

There is no /usr/ports/UPDATING record for this. Is think such record
should be added if pkg can't handle this. Or what is the solution?

Yuri