Date:      Tue, 09 May 1995 15:09:09 +0100
From:      Richard Hesketh <R.L.Hesketh@ukc.ac.uk>
To:        paul@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Colorado Jumbo 250MB ft, and FreeBSD 2.0R

>> controller    fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" flags 0x1 bio irq 6 drq
2 vector fdintr
>> disk          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
>> disk          fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
>> tape          ft0     at fdc0 drive 2

>Have you got two floppies? This config doesn't work for me. I get lots of
>input in output errors and the tape isn't found.

I've just got the April snapshot of FreeBSD running on my new pentium,
which has a Jumbo 350 attached and came across the same problem.
After poking about in /sys/i386/isa/ft.c I found that it needed a
flag set before the driver actually found the tape.  My kernel config
is set with:

controller    fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" flags 0x1 bio irq 6 drq 2
flags 1 vector fdintr
disk          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
disk          fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
tape          ft0     at fdc0 drive 2

and it is now working!

The only thing that still is not working (apart from the ATAPI CD-ROM 8-)
is that it does not have the right geometery settings for the 170/340Mb
425 foot QICs that it uses. I have had a go at bodging up something
that partially works but would love to know the "right values".

Regards,

Richard