Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 23:09:43 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   select nearest GNU mirror permanently?

I'm just sitting here watching something come crawling in over the net
from prep.ai.mit.edu.. If I had of caught it sooner, I'd have used a
local (much faster) mirror, but now it's almost done.

What would be the chance of setting GNU_MIRROR somewhere
(/etc/make.conf?  defaulted in bsd.port.mk?)
and set  MASTER_SITES=	$(GNU_MIRROR) in the per-port makefiles that
would otherwise pull stuff from prep.ai.mit.edu?

Or is there another mechanism to do this already?

Cheers,
-Peter