Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:23:29 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Practicalities of FAQ->Handbook migrations

On 2002-01-21 17:47:12, Michael Lucas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:53:13PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 02:08:00PM -0500, Michael Lucas wrote:
> > > I suggest that we create a Handbook section called something like
> > > "Living with FreeBSD" that contains small, catch-all tutorials.
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > Why not create a new top-level book for it?
>
> The "Miscellaneous FreeBSD Cra^H^H^HStuff Guide?"
>
> I suppose we could.  I'd personally prefer a single book with
> everything in it, but will obey the consensus of the group.
>
> Whaddaya think, folks?

I think that the Handbook and FAQ are pretty nice, already.  I've
thought at times of something like:

	doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/daily
	"Using FreeBSD for every-day work"

but, I'm not sure what how that would be different from the FAQ or the
Handbook we already have.  I'd really be glad to see a collection of
things like:

	- I just installed FreeBSD, now what?
	- I just want to read my email dammit.
	- Where's my browser?
	- No, no, I don't want to have to login.

and other nice things that users will start asking once they install
an operating system.  I say, Michael, start something...

--
Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}
FreeBSD Documentation Project . . . http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/