Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:44:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/22440: adding id= tags to faq/books.sgml

>Number:         22440
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       adding id= tags to faq/books.sgml
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

current -doc tree

If I want to link directly to FAQ entries, I need something to link
to.  Rather than bitch, here's a patch.  (I'm not sure if this is the
correct format, couldn't find the proper patch args on the site.  :( )

If these are correct, I'll fix up the rest.

>How-To-Repeat:

Try to link to something on the FAQ.  Go ahead, I dare you.

>Fix:

*** book.sgml	Tue Oct 31 09:36:38 2000
--- book.sgml-dist	Mon Oct 30 17:51:47 2000
***************
*** 54,60 ****

      <qandaset>
        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="what-is-FreeBSD">
            <para>What is FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 54,60 ----

      <qandaset>
        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What is FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 83,89 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="FreeBSD-goals">
            <para>What are the goals of FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 83,89 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What are the goals of FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 112,118 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="why-called-FreeBSD">
            <para>Why is it called FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 112,118 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Why is it called FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 149,155 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="latest-version">
            <para>What is the latest version of FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 149,155 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What is the latest version of FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 349,355 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="available-platforms">
            <para>Is FreeBSD only available for PCs ?</para>
          </question>

--- 349,355 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Is FreeBSD only available for PCs ?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 368,374 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="responsible">
            <para> Who is responsible for FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 368,374 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para> Who is responsible for FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 484,490 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="y2k">
            <para>Where do I find the FreeBSD Y2K info?</para>
          </question>

--- 484,490 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Where do I find the FreeBSD Y2K info?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 496,502 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="newsgroups">
            <para>What FreeBSD news groups are available?</para>
          </question>

--- 496,502 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What FreeBSD news groups are available?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 569,575 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="books">
            <para>Books on FreeBSD</para>
          </question>

--- 569,575 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Books on FreeBSD</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 696,702 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="access-pr">
            <para>How do I access your Problem Report database?</para>
          </question>

--- 696,702 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>How do I access your Problem Report database?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 715,721 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="doc-formats">
            <para>Is the documentation available in other formats, such as plain
              text (ASCII), or Postscript?</para>
          </question>
--- 715,721 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Is the documentation available in other formats, such as plain
              text (ASCII), or Postscript?</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1015,1021 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="become-web-mirror">
            <para>I'd like to become a FreeBSD Web mirror!</para>
          </question>

--- 1015,1021 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>I'd like to become a FreeBSD Web mirror!</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1051,1057 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="translation">
            <para>I'd like to translate the documentation into
              Friesian.</para>
          </question>
--- 1051,1057 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>I'd like to translate the documentation into
              Friesian.</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1070,1076 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="other-info-sources">
            <para>Other sources of information.</para>
          </question>

--- 1070,1076 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Other sources of information.</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1146,1152 ****

      <qandaset>
        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="floppy-download">
            <para>Which file do I download to get FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 1146,1152 ----

      <qandaset>
        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Which file do I download to get FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1198,1204 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="floppy-image-too-large">
            <para>Help! The boot floppy image will not fit on a single
              floppy!</para>
          </question>
--- 1198,1204 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Help! The boot floppy image will not fit on a single
              floppy!</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1250,1256 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="install-instructions-location">
            <para>Where are the instructions for installing FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 1250,1256 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Where are the instructions for installing FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1262,1268 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="need-to-run">
            <para>What do I need in order to run FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 1262,1268 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What do I need in order to run FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1279,1285 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="four-meg-ram-install">
            <para>I have only 4 MB of RAM. Can I install FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 1279,1285 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>I have only 4 MB of RAM. Can I install FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1323,1329 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="custom-boot-floppy">
            <para>How can I make my own custom install floppy?</para>
          </question>

--- 1323,1329 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>How can I make my own custom install floppy?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1342,1348 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="multiboot">
            <para>Can I have more than one operating system on my PC?</para>
          </question>

--- 1342,1348 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Can I have more than one operating system on my PC?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1355,1361 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="windows-coexist">
            <para>Can Windows 95/98 co-exist with FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 1355,1361 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Can Windows 95/98 co-exist with FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1370,1376 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="win95-damaged-boot-manager">
            <para>Windows 95/98 killed my boot manager!
              How do I get it back?</para>
          </question>
--- 1370,1376 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Windows 95/98 killed my boot manager!
              How do I get it back?</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1431,1437 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="install-bad-blocks">
            <para>Can I install on a disk with bad blocks?</para>
          </question>

--- 1431,1437 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Can I install on a disk with bad blocks?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1456,1462 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="boot-floppy-strangeness">
            <para>Strange things happen when I boot the install floppy!</para>
          </question>

--- 1456,1462 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Strange things happen when I boot the install floppy!</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1498,1504 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="no-install-cdrom">
            <para>I booted from my ATAPI CD-ROM, but the install program says no
              CD-ROM is found.  Where did it go?</para>
          </question>
--- 1498,1504 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>I booted from my ATAPI CD-ROM, but the install program says no
              CD-ROM is found.  Where did it go?</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1521,1527 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="cannot-install-tape">
            <para>Help! I can't install from tape!</para>
          </question>

--- 1521,1527 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Help! I can't install from tape!</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1537,1543 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="parallel-connect">
            <para>Connect two FreeBSD boxes over a parallel line (PLIP)</para>
          </question>

--- 1537,1543 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Connect two FreeBSD boxes over a parallel line (PLIP)</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1609,1615 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="install-PLIP">
            <para>Can I install on my laptop over PLIP (Parallel Line
              IP)?</para>
          </question>
--- 1609,1615 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Can I install on my laptop over PLIP (Parallel Line
              IP)?</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1807,1813 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="disk-divide-restrictions">
            <para>Any restrictions on how I divide the disk up?</para>
          </question>

--- 1807,1813 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Any restrictions on how I divide the disk up?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1826,1832 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="disk-manager">
            <para>What about disk managers? Or, I have a large drive!</para>
          </question>

--- 1826,1832 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What about disk managers? Or, I have a large drive!</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1868,1874 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="stop-at-boot-manager">
              prompt.</para>
          </question>
--- 1868,1874 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
              prompt.</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1885,1891 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="need-complete-sources">
            <para>Do I need to install the complete sources?</para>
          </question>

--- 1885,1891 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Do I need to install the complete sources?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1918,1924 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="need-kernel">
            <para>Do I need to build a kernel?</para>
          </question>

--- 1918,1924 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Do I need to build a kernel?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 1940,1946 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="password-encryption">
            <para>Should I use DES passwords, or MD5, and how do I specify
              which form my users receive?</para>
          </question>
--- 1940,1946 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Should I use DES passwords, or MD5, and how do I specify
              which form my users receive?</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 1965,1971 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="boot-floppy-hangs">
            <para>The boot floppy starts but hangs at the
          </question>
--- 1965,1971 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>The boot floppy starts but hangs at the
          </question>
***************
*** 1981,1987 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="panic-on-install-reboot">
              error when rebooting the system after installation.</para>
          </question>
--- 1981,1987 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
              error when rebooting the system after installation.</para>
          </question>
***************
*** 2070,2076 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="memory-limits">
            <para>What are the limits for memory?</para>
          </question>

--- 2070,2076 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What are the limits for memory?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 2088,2094 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="ffs-limits">
            <para>What are the limits for ffs filesystems?</para>
          </question>

--- 2088,2094 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What are the limits for ffs filesystems?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 2207,2213 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="tb-on-floppy">
            <para>How can I put 1TB files on my floppy?</para>
          </question>

--- 2207,2213 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>How can I put 1TB files on my floppy?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 2245,2251 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="archsw-readin-failed-error">
            <para>I compiled a new kernel and now I get the error message
          </question>
--- 2245,2251 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>I compiled a new kernel and now I get the error message
          </question>
***************
*** 2262,2268 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="upgrade-3x-4x">
             <para>How do I upgrade from 3.X -&gt; 4.X?</para>
          </question>

--- 2262,2268 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
             <para>How do I upgrade from 3.X -&gt; 4.X?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 2292,2298 ****

      <qandaset>
        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="supported-hard-drives">
            <para>What kind of hard drives does FreeBSD support?</para>
          </question>

--- 2292,2298 ----

      <qandaset>
        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>What kind of hard drives does FreeBSD support?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 2308,2314 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="supported-scsi-controllers">
            <para>Which SCSI controllers are supported?</para>
          </question>

--- 2308,2314 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question>
            <para>Which SCSI controllers are supported?</para>
          </question>

***************
*** 2320,2326 ****
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>
!         <question id="supported-cdrom-drives">
            <para>Which CD-ROM drives are supported by FreeBSD?</para>
          </question>

--- 2320,2326 ----
        </qandaentry>

        <qandaentry>