Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 17:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Yuen-Jong Liu <yjliu@fas.harvard.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   trying to set up a dialup gateway

Hi,

I've been trying to set up FreeBSD 4.5 on a Thinkpad 760ED as a ppp dialup
gateway.  It has a 3Com/Megahertz Modem/LAN card in one of its PC card
slots and that's the device I'm using for both dialing up and connecting
to my LAN.  The computer recognizes the ethernet connection and works fine
over it, but I'm having trouble finding the modem in the ppp utility.  I
tried looking on /dev/cuaa[0-3] but it doesn't find anything.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Yuen-Jong Liu