Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 1998 12:56:37 -0700
From:      "Shea F. Kenny" <lunarchy@ncfweb.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with reboot after installing.

    I've been having MANY problems with freebsd.  The last set I
recieved, I had trouble with
getting x-windows to run.  I gave up.  I'd forgotten to cancel my
subscription and have recieved
2.2.7, which is even worse from what I can tell.

    Firstly, after the install program runs, on reboot it reports it
cannot mount the drive, wd2, on the second partition, where I instructed
the install program to put the bsd system.  I go back into
the install program, to find that no root was put on the disk, nor any
other files sytsem, except for the swap!  Only the swap remains intact!

    All I had to do to make the second drive bootable with windows, was
copy the system files
to that drive and in setup, make that the bootdrive.  It took 30
seconds.  It takes 10 minutes for me to install windows from a cd.  I
don't see 50.00's worth of advancements here, from any
linux system.  None of them will install a windowing OS.

    Per the chace I do get this thing to work without x-windows, how do
you change from one drive to another?

--
Shea F. Kenny
910 4th. Ave. N. #202