Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:53:20 PST
From:      "Cosmic 665" <the_hermit665@hotmail.com>
To:        Doug@gorean.org, fbsddave@mrcaffeine.com
Cc:        eaglez69@yahoo.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB Live

Creative Labs Isn't about to change their attitude on anything.  I suggest
using a different card altogether.  Creative Labs (for years) wouldn't give
out any more drivers or support to OS/2 (I'm an ex-OS/2 user :P).  Their
attitude will be the same with FreeBSD.  Like someone said earlier on this
post, "Linux is all we have to go on".  Linux is all the support we can
expect.  And assume that creative will only side with a company like Red-Hat
under linux and limit their drivers specifically to that company and
version!  This kinda sucks because the market is beginning to turn into a
open-source nightmare!!  Especially if drivers turn into module-only drivers
with no source code (remeber, a device driver doesn't have to be
open-source)  I think that's why creative won't release info.

-cosmic-665