Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:16:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM

Thanks everyone who responded to my question about spam. And once again my
apologies for copying the whole thing to the list, one of the reasons spam
is bad is that it clogs bandwidth and I was just contributing to the
problem.

I sent a message to worldnet.att.net about this one and received an
automated reply, this was better than the message that i sent to a vax
site who never responded but not as good as the message i sent to another
site who got back to me to say that he'd terminated the account of the
user in question :-)

For anyone who's interested I found some interesting links about spam and
how to deal with it:

"http://www.vix.com/spam//"
"http://www.panix.com/e-spam.html"
"http://kryten.eng.monash.edu.au/gspam.html"

This whole exercise I found very educational, SPAM is everyone's problem
and we'll be working to make sure that our site doesn't contribute to the
problem.

Thanks Again
Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au