Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:49:44 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cardbus troubles on 5.2-CURRENT

Sam Leffler wrote:

>On Tuesday 06 January 2004 07:33 pm, Eric Anderson wrote:
>

>>I posted this to the -current mailing list earlier, and have mentioned
>>it several times in the past, but no response.  Am I the only person
>>having troubles here?  Cardbus used to at least fail gracefully (by not
>>understanding what card was inserted) instead of bombing my network card
>>(causing me to have to reboot).
>>
>>So here's the scoop - when I insert any cardbus card (but 16-bit pc
>>cards are fine, and don't have the problem), it seems to try to detect
>>it as a bge1 device, and destroys my working bge0 device (broadcom
>>gigabit ethernet).  Here's the dmesg:
>>

>This is identical to the behaviour I see on my Dell i600m laptop.  Warner is
>aware of it and understands what the root cause is, but solving it is
>(apparently) a bit involved.

Ok - good to hear it's known.  My laptop happens to be a Dell Latitude
D600.

I'm willing to test anything he comes up with, and willing to debug if
needed.

Does he watch this list?  I'm sure he does, but just checking if I
should send him a note personally.

Eric

All generalizations are false, including this one.