Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:32:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
To:        se@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de, dfr@nlsystems.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3D software available

Hallo Stefan!

> > This is my recipe to get it compiled.
> >
> > Should I roll a port?
>
> Ummm, I have a completed port waiting for a week already, but had no time
> to commit it ...

No problem, beam it up! :)

I had put no extra work into it, except that I tried the Win32 binary
on a NT box with a Matrox G200 in the meantime. (*)

Part due to having not much time, part due to waiting for GEL

    http://gel.urstudios.com/

and a possible QDraw update.

(*) Strange comparsion was that, by the way:

The full screen demo 'ripples' ran very fast under NT/G200/PII-300,
but 'triangle', a demo that runs in a window, and some others ran
very slow compared to FreeBSD/TNT/K6-300.

Is it possible that a G200 does full screen acceleration only?
Or my driver setting suck?

Regards,
Marc