Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:07:30 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Subject:   Re: siguing into current from a random version

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> Heh.  Like checking code in without compiling the tree as it would
> look following the checkin...
>
> Nothing you can do about that, really, without instituting global
> writer locks on the tree (not that this will ever be approved).

Do the global writer locks compile the tree for me?  Then i'm all for
it! :-)

Otherwise: moot point, i'd say...  I can barely remember that we've
been suffering from two people hammering at the tree at the same spot,
and causing inconsistencies by this.  99.9 % of the problems have been
human errors.

Followup to -chat.

--
cheers, J"org