Date:      17 May 1998 22:05:42 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        "Marko Eha" <eham@estcard.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi

"Marko Eha" <eham@estcard.ee> writes:
> I hope that I am not bothering but I have'nt use freebsd or unix or
> linux before not to mention installing them... So I tried to install
> freebsd. everything is ok except it is kind a hard to find out vhich
> files i should take... I make bootable floppy... but then I do not
> know what to take or what to leave. There is no help about which
> files should be installed and which not... May be it's an stupid
> question and mail but I hope that you can help me...

There is no such thing as a stupid question :)

First of all, you sent this to the wrong list. You should have mailed
your question to either questions@freebsd.org or newbies@freebsd.org.
This list is only intended for people who are actively maintaining the
documentation (and questions related to the documentation per se)

Second, you should tell us what medium you are trying to install from.
Do you have a FreeBSD CD-ROM set, or are you installing over the net?
You shouldn't try the latter unless you have a fast connection (T1 or
better).

Third, what you need to do is copy the boot floppy image onto a
formatted 1.44MB floppy. Instructions can be found in the section on
installation in the FreeBSD handbook, which is available on web:
<URL:http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html>;

--
Noone else has a .sig like this one.