Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 02:28:34 -0400
From:      "Jean M. Vandette" <vandj@securenet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: detecting idle users

At 02:09 PM 9/18/1998 +0800, you wrote:
>Jean M. Vandette wrote:
>>
>> At 04:48 PM 9/17/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Does anyone has script that can check if the user is in idle mode for
>> period of defined time and log off those users automatically?  Beginning to
>> get anoyed by users not loging off when they are not accessing...

>> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message
>> >

>> I highly recommend using idled for this job, I have used it here
>> for a long time and had no problems it does exactly what you are
>> looking for.  You can get it here http://www.cs.hope.edu/~crider/idled/
>>

>How can you disconnect people from the MAX4000 ???

For our Ascend's we use Access Control from ascend.  I assumed that the
question was directed to pppd which idled will control well also if your
running
pppd 2.3 you can control idle and session lenth from the options settings.

>From Access Contol (radius 2.1) you can control the Max to limit just about
anythng including multi logins.

Also to contol idle time in the Max you can set this in the config of the
box or
have radius do it also.

Add this to your users file:

Ascend-TS-Idle-Mode = TS-Idle-Input-Output,
Ascend-TS-Idle-Limit = 900,

To contol multi logins criston-radius does a good job.
see the ports collection and/or packages for either the
ascend-radius or the criston-radius they are
both part of the 2.2.7 collection/packages.

John M. Vandette