Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 08:25:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Newell <mnewell@kaizen.net>
To:        Global Internet Shopping Mall <gism@isot.isot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USR Not reset

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Global Internet Shopping Mall wrote:

> Occasionally, the Hays would not answer the line when ringing, I had to
> power recycle it to make it work again.  The Sportster, after user hangs up,
> it would reset, TR would stay off.  Anyone experienced same problem a s I?

I've had 2 Hayes Accura V.fc [I bought them before V.34...] that have
worked fine for me.  What I do is set the units to reset on DTR loss [I
think it's &D3] and s0=1 to answer on first ring.  I've not yet had to
power cycle to recover.

Note that to answer the Hayes has to have BOTH DTR up _and_ S0=n where
n>0.  Do you see the "AA" light on solid before calls, then blink during
the answer phase?

One problem I *DID* have was pppd not going away on hangup.  To fix that I
had to take out the proxyarp statement in the config.  Othern' that, works
great, less filling...

I'd send the full config but unfortunately the one I've still got
connected is in use.  :-(

Mike