Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:10:02 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Micheal Peters <mikepeters@epnix.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Newbies Mail List <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The new user experience

Micheal Peters wrote:

>>From Kevin Kinsey 3:58 PM EDT Friday 9 April 2004
>
>>The waters are made somewhat murkier by the list charter, which more/less
>>states that technical questions about FreeBSD aren't to be posted here.
>

>But, you can talk about the OS and your experiences with it, etc.  And about
>problems in general terms, books on the subject, web sites, tutorials you've
>run across (or written) etc.
>
>Well if we can talk about our experiences I'll give the run down of the past
>2 weeks :-)
>
>/********
>
>NOTE: I fully intend to be long winded with this one and include a bit of
>history too, if you don't really care about what a total n00b sees, stop
>reading, delete this message (and any subsequent messages) and go on with
>your normal life.  Otherwise sit back, and enjoy :-)

I liked your story, too.  Sounda kinda familiar to all of us
newbies, no matter how long it's been, as someone was
just saying.

There was a very recent thread on freebsd-advocacy called
"BSD Success Stories."  I actually submitted one, but dunno
if it'll be used.

I spent a moment doing some more cleaning on it today;
looking better, but *please* don't run it through a validator,
*blush* ...

http://www.daleco.biz/FBSDstory.html

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.