Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 1996 14:57:10 -0400 (WST)
From:      e8917523@antares.linf.unb.br (Daniel C. Sobral)
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hackers-digest V1 #1447

> From: Ivan Pulleyn <ivan@torpid.com>
> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 18:08:53 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: atapi.c
>
> Hi,
>
>   While attempting to make my el-cheapo ide cdrom work with FreeBSD, I
> noticed the following problem with atapi.c. During atapi_probe(), an
> atapi_wait() is called before sending an identify request to the device.
> This causes a busy timeout if the cdrom is the only device on the controller.
> Removing the following lines seemed to fix it for me ( using 2.1.5-RELEASE
> sources ).

The problem is not so simple...

>   If other people are having problems with ATAPI cdroms, I suggest trying
> this out.

Rather, replace atapi.h and atapi.c with the files included in
atapi_960816, somewhere (incoming?) at ftp.freebsd.org. This still
lefts a known (and fixed) bug, though.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                (8-DCS)
e8917523@linf.unb.br

		"Master, do we seek victory in contention?"
		"Seek rather not to contend, for without contention
		there can be neither victory nor defeat."