Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 1995 16:23:55 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: include files in 0322-SNAP

> Is the idea just to copy (with this exception) all of /usr/src/sys/include
> and include/sys to usr include? Or what is the correct thing to do?

It was somewhat buggered in this snapshot.  You can do a `make includes'
from /usr/src to fix things up.

> There is also something about matcd. It causes the 2.0 kernel to
> have problems at boot time, and you *can't* disable it with -c. The
> disable command fails on matcd. I notice that matcd doesn't exist in
> the 2.1 sources. Is this coming back? I have one of the "Reveal" CD-ROMS
> from Egghead , which should be similar, and I'd like to see if I can munge
> a driver to talk to it...

This was broken but now fixed.  As for the sources, they're still there
in post-2.0 but moved:  /sys/i386/isa/matcd/

> I'd also like to work on a driver for ham radio packet radio stuff, but
> I'm not sure whether the 0322-SNAP is a good version to use as a starting
> point. It appears that 0412-SNAP is *not* where to start..?

I would say either would be an acceptable place to start - we're not changing
much that would affect such work..

						Jordan