Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 21:31:30 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
Cc:        Tim Wilkinson <tim@sarc.city.ac.uk>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port of Kaffe-0.3

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Sujal Patel wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Tim Wilkinson wrote:
>
> > I've uploaded a port of Kaffe-0.3 onto freebsd.org in /pub/FreeBSD/incoming.
> > The file is called kaffe-0.3-port.tgz.
>
> Can you make this port rely on the "jdk" port which is in ports-current.
> This will give you the JDK classes.zip (and this can be shared with other
			^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't a mini-port be made out of this file? I mean, if there are and is
going to be many ports depending on some file (or files) while not
depending on other parts of the respective port, then woudln't it be
better to sperate that file into another port (licence permitting) and
make all those ports depend on that mini-port (in this case classes.zip)?

Oops... a way too long sentence :(

> ports using this file).
>
> Also, if you install "javac" in /usr/local/bin, please install as
> something else (like javac_kaffe) and then do a ln -sf javac_kaffe javac.
>

> Sujal

	Sander

Eat good food, preserve nature, be nice to all nice people :)