Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:35:20 -0600
From:      "Burt, Randall -CONT(DYN)" <Randall.Burt@cnet.navy.mil>
To:        "'Roel Kroes'" <freebsd@Kroes.com>, Shawn Halloran <SPHalloran2@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Question Regarding IENTD

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1AB2D.ACC0D080

Well, I managed to get FreeBSD working after about 2.5 days of
experimentation and research.  One of the reasons I kept at it is that I'm
one of those "fed up with MS/closed software" types and was ready for
something new.  What I realized during this process is that all of this has
made running a computer *fun* again.  I know, I know, its frustrating, but
what sense of accomplishment does one get from inserting the Windows CD and
drinking coffee while the install does its thing?  I'm not MS bashing, mind
you, its just that I have felt for some time that computing was getting a
bit stale and that every time there was some new, interesting technology, MS
kindly packaged it up and took all of the fun (again, for me) out of it.
Now, I've gotten into this Open OS stuff and am having a blast (though my
language as gotten a bit foul of late :))  So, stick with it for stability.
Stick with it for community.  Stick with it because it assumes you DO know,
or are capable of knowing, what you are doing.  Stick with it for the fun.