Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:04:02 -0600
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (FWD) QPOPPER REMOTE ROOT EXPLOIT

> On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 06:40:35PM +0300, Vadim V. Chepkov wrote:
> > Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > >

> > > I've already committed a slightly more intelligent fix to this
> > > problem.  Thanks!
> > >

> > But it doesn't work

<<snip>>

Does the patch to pop_msg.c take into account that a "(void)strcat(message,
"\r\n"); call appears later on and adds 2 more chars to the message buffer?  I
haven't seen JKH's patch yet, but I noticed that some of the patches posted to
BUGTRAQ miss this.  The result is that the perl trick still crashes popper,
but the crash occurs on the strcat() call and not where the old vsprintf()
call was.

Aaron out.