Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:21:10 -0600
From:      "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@panam.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Install procedure of FreeBSD on Alpha

I want to install FreeBSD on an DEC Alpha 4/166.
Can somebody inform me how I can make this sucker boot from the floppy to
start the FreeBSD installation.
I have installed FreeBSD on a couple PC's but am pretty new to the Alpha
environment.
I have created the bootable disk using fdimage, plugged this disk in the
system,
entered
boot dva0

the system then tries to access the floppy, and returns:

block 0 of dva0 is not a valid boot block
bootstrap failure

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alain