Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:55:10 -0800
From:      "Renaud Waldura" <renaud@waldura.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing from UFS media?

Dear FreeBSD users,

I'm confused trying to install FreeBSD from UFS media -- this option is
available from the systinstall menu, but isn't documented in the Handbook.

I'm booting from floppy with a blank drive da0. The second drive da1
contains the FreeBSD distrib files. When selecting UFS media for install,
I'm asked a path to the directory containing the distrib files. But how do I
mount the second drive to that directory? I can't find a "mount something"
choice, and the only mount commands available through the emergency
holographic shell are "mount_mfs" and "mount_nfs".

How can I access a UFS partition from sysinstall? How is one supposed to
install from UFS media?

--Renaud