Date:      25 May 1999 06:27:17 -0000
From:      Sergey <serge69@nym.alias.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

> You write to tell us now that a release that was produced some four
> months ago is (was?) unstable?
>
> Have you noticed that we've done another release since then?

  As far as I know,  there are same problems in new releases. I've talked
  with some person who experince same instability in 3.2-R.

> Have you stopped to consider that it isn't even slightly helpful to
> report problems with FreeBSD _after_ a release?  We depend on our users
> to tell us about problems on the -stable branch before it's rolled into
> a release, not afterwards.  If you're not willing to take part in this
> process, your complaints are likely to be ignored at the very least.

  If I report problem, Is not time to ask me about details at least?
  If this PR known, THEN ignore me - NOT BEFORE.
  If you close eyes on problems in past releases - you'll leave it in future
too!!!

> In your case, I can't work out what it is that you want to achieve
> here; the problems with 3.1 are well known and have mostly been

  Yours ATTENTION is my target ;)
  I WANT (and CAN) help, but no one interested in !!!

> addressed in 3.2.  There are ongoing issues that are being worked on,
> with help from various people (yourself notably not included).

  If problem is random in nature you can't find it NEW releases,
  just because it is needed time to happened. I should wait for 3 days
  at least to check is this fixed!!!

  I've found a lot of problems in PR and archives. They are old dated and
  looking as dead for monthes - no audit trail, no discussion.

> If you want to see future releases perform better than the one you're
> whining about now, I suggest you get busy contributing something more
> useful than your current load of hot air.

I'm ready, I want, but I don't understand how!!! I can claim about problem,
I can reproduce it, I can give you more info.... Even more I can start
tracing
if you give me hints!

*** But how can I do something if YOU just ignore issue ??? ***

With best regards, Sergey.