Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:48:37 +1000
From:      Tony Griffiths <tonyg@OntheNet.com.au>
To:        Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RELEASE

Mark Abene wrote:

> Now that 4.1-RELEASE is out, I'm considering setting some time aside to do
> a "make world" upgrade from sources.  Are there any "gotchas" I should be
> aware of?  Since this is my primary workstation, I'd hate to end up with an
> unusable system.  :)  I'll be upgrading from 4.0-RELEASE.

I did a "make world" yesterday using RELENG_4 and everything built
correctly.

As far as I know, the only thing that I have broken between 4.0 and 4.1
is VMware because of some networking interface changes!  I havn't looked
to see if there are patches available for fixing this as yet!

Tony

postmaster@OntheNet.com.au