Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:26:25 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
Cc:        nate@freefall.freebsd.org (Nate Williams), CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-user@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src Makefile

Paul Richards writes:
[ Makefile changes to get the include files working ]

> >   Add new 'include-tools' target, which the 'includes' target depends on.
> >   Currently, it consists of rpcgen.
>
> We used to have a bootstrap target for building those tools necessary
> to bootstrap from the last official release. I don't see why we can't
> solve these problems by bringing it back and leaving it in permanently.
> After each release we clean it out.

Hmm, what do other folks think?  I'm not partial one way or the other,
and the bootstrap target would certainly make later make worlds easier,
since the current solution causes both install and rpcgen to be
installed *every* time the include files are installed.

Nate