Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 08:58:04 +0100
From:      lupe@lupe-christoph.de (Lupe Christoph)
Cc:        FreeBSD Security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Darkstat

On Sunday, 2004-02-29 at 20:52:03 +0100, User Mailinglist wrote:

> You can use MRTG without SNMP..., just put the values you want to graph in a
> file
> and specify the file as input file in mrtg.conf. Works for me....

1) This isn't security-related.
2) If you want local or remote data collection without SNMP, use Munin
   and RRDtool.
   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/rrdworld/lrrd.html
   gets you both at the same time.

   I'm waiting for my Munin port to be accepted. Download it from
   Sourceforge until it is.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |