Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:27:58 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jukka_Simil=E4?= <jukka.simila@sveg.se.sykes.com>
To:        RS <khalel1@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, 'Rick Hamell' <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Subject:   RE: Modem question

I double that, and recommend to ask in -mobile, since
they now A LOT about laptops..

Just when you ask, remember to tell your laptop model,
modem model (if you know it) and definitely the
freebsd version (the newer the better, at least on laptops)

Laptop internal modems tend to be winmodems, so you might need
to buy a pcmcia.

And that said, you can see why you shouldn't ask questions
in -newbies. Below you can see that Doug said PCMCIA modems tend
to be winmodems, I say integrated modems tend to be winmodems.
Which is correct, or are they both? (I know that at least I'M right :)

You can never be sure that answers on -newbies list are correct.

- www.jukkis.net - Jukkis - www.jukkis.net -