Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 11:50:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        jkh@violet.berkeley.edu, core@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this could sort of be of interest to us, too..

> > > 	http://www.vix.com/pc-hw/bsd-os-hwconfig.html
> >
> > I have read Paul's web pages, and it has some good information but it
> > is extremly (not just slightly) BSD/OS centric.  He is still staying
> > away from PCI as the only supported PCI board they have is the bt946 :-(.
> >
> > He recomends 3COM ethernet cards since that is there best driver, while
> > ours is defanitly the if_de driver for PCI cards or the if_ed for ISA
> > cards.
> >
> > I would clone his pages and make them ``Accurate Automation'' pages,
> > but that would be serious copyright infringement :-(.  If my business
> > contiunues to grow at it's current rate it will be feasible for me to
> > increase my internet bandwidth and start a www server here that would
> > be ``FreeBSD'' centric.
> >
> > PS:  Am I get over commercial on the mailling lists?  I have been a
> > little worried about some of my postings about what it is that I
> > do and grabbing every person I see looking to buy hardware.
>
> I suggest we add you to the "commercial" page on the web, and put
> you in the FAQ too "as a good place to see the current status of
> supported HW".

Gee, who do I send my advertising budget to so I can get a real web
page created :-)!!

In all seriousnous though, it is becoming extremly difficult for me
to seperate my commercial interest in FreeBSD from my personal
interest.  I am worried about going over board on the mailling
lists and getting my butt chewed out for doing so.  I would like to
here from any of you if you think I have over stepped or am getting
close to over stepping the correct usage of our mailling lists for
my commercial gains (realize almost all of my commercial gains are
used to support my FreeBSD hacking other than those that go to keeping
the roof over my head and food next to my terminal).