Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:58:34 +0200
From:      Marek Zarychta <zarychtam@plan-b.pwste.edu.pl>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: choosing different sound input and output devices

W dniu 21.04.2021 o=C2=A014:11, Hans Petter Selasky pisze:
> On 4/21/21 1:42 PM, Marek Zarychta wrote:
>> Dear subscribers,
>>
>> I tried to deploy the Chromium browser run on FreeBSD CURRENT to work =

>> with Microsoft Teams and it almost works fine except for audio=20
>> settings. To use USB microphone I have changed sysctl=20
>> hw.snd.default_unit and was able to use my microphone, but it broke=20
>> the playback. Is it possible to use different audio input and output=20
>> devices ? Any clues, especially with regard to www/chromium will be=20
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Perhaps the list I am posting this question on was not carefully=20
>> chosen, but haven't found any sound/audio specific mailing lists.
>>
>> With kind regards,
>>

> Hi,
>
> Virtual OSS from ports can do this for you. Now also via the command=20
> line tool virtual_oss_cmd
>
> See:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Sound

Thank you for the clue. I should have put more effort into finding this=20
on FreeBSD Wiki pages.

With Virtual OSS=C2=A0 (audio/virtual_oss) installed and configured=20
teleconferencing on Microsoft Teams platform works fine with Chromium=20
native FreeBSD package (www/chromium) installed - as far as I have=20
tested it.

--=20
Marek Zarychta